Did you know that in Canada:
Employers who promote workplace health and well-being, as well as employee recognition programs tend to attract and retain good employees, and appeal to the so-called “top talent” for which they often compete.
Strong and clear commitment from leadership is required.
Be an employer who is committed to supporting and encouraging employees to lead healthy lifestyles by offering a psychologically and socially supportive environment.
Did You Know?
- Workers missed 70 million workdays for personal reasons in 2000
- Stress-related absences cost about $3.5 billion each year
- Costs of lost productivity due to mental illness equals $11.1 billion a year
- Costs of absenteeism attributable to work-life conflict are $5.48 billion per year
- 20% of Canadian workers experience a stress-related illness each year
- Stress in a business contributes to 19% of absenteeism costs, 40% of turnover costs, 55% of EAP costs, 60% of workplace accidents, 30% of short-term and long-term Disability costs, 10% of drug plan costs (Toronto Star Feb 26 2005)
Depending upon your needs, we will either refer you to the EAP companies we provide services for or offer EAPDirect service for companies who do not want to use an EAP company because of low budgetary reasons, low numbers of personnel, or when only needing occasional or specialized assistance which PCCS offers directly. For example, a business with 20 persons may not want to pay an EAP company to manage and deliver a counselling program for their employees but may occasionally want to refer an employee or offer an employee some assistance like counselling, mediation or an assessment. The business can call us direct, or have the employee call us. Setting up payment options and an appointment for the employee can be done over the telephone. For example, company X called wanting anger management counselling for employee Y. The company paid for employee Y’s counselling over the telephone by visa and mastercard, and the employee was in for a counselling session the next day. For example, employee Y was given our name by her company as she was dealing with a marital separation crisis that was impacting her work. Her employer was contacted and paid for a 6 session package over the telephone.
EAPDirect is a fast, non-complicated and direct way of receiving service (no middle person to go through or fees to pay) which can be great for companies who do not want to purchase or cannot afford to purchase a full range of EAP services.